The City of Rocky River is divided into five sections and each section has a regular refuse collection day each week. If you are interested in knowing the pick-up day in your area, contact the Service Department at 356-5630.
Transfer Station: The City maintains a transfer station at the Rocky River Service Garage, 22401 Lake Road, where citizens may dump municipal refuse. Transfer Station Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM; Saturday 8:00 AM - Noon. No commercial waste allowed. No landscapers will be permitted to dump at the Transfer Station.
The following items cannot be dumped at the transfer station: roofing materials, batteries, (commercial and copious amounts of) asphalt and concrete, paint, tires, propane tanks, hazardous waste, asbestos, infectious waste. On Saturdays no dirt or concrete is accepted due to limited operations.
2017 Special Waste Collection Events
At various times of the year, the county administers a collection program for paint and computers. They also collect pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. Please leave the Special Collection items on your tree lawn on the following dates:
- Political Yard Signs – March 14 – 24.
- Recycle your Computer Week – April 17 – 21.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal – May 1 – 5.
- Recycle your Computer Week – August 21 – 25.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal – September 18 – 22.
- Scrap Tire Roundup – September 18 – 22.
- Holiday Lights Collection – November 1 – January 12, 2018.
- Political Yard Signs – November 7 – 17.