Dear Rocky River Residents:
Thank you for all your efforts to increase recycling. Recycling is critical in controlling refuse collection and landfill costs, which continue to increase. By following the guidelines below, you will help realize efficiencies in our refuse collection service, reduce costs and allow us to be better stewards of our resources. Thank you for your assistance regarding the following items:
- All recycling items placed in blue recycling bags which can hold all plastics (#1 - #7), glass, cans, mixed paper and cardboard will be collected on your regular refuse day.
- Cardboard boxes not in blue recycling bags WILL NOT be collected. Cardboard and paper can be recycled at the green (River Valley) bins located at the Transfer Station (22401 Lake Road) or at City Hall between the Civic Center and Senior Center (21012 Hilliard Blvd.).
- Refuse cans with lids and garbage bags (tied shut) must be left in the open in front of your garage / residence on your collection day. Refuse will not be collected from closed bins, enclosures, fenced areas, etc. Garbage may be placed in front of your garage or home for pick up after 7:00 p.m. the night before the scheduled refuse pickup day. Refuse cans / garbage bags over fifty (50) pounds cannot be safely or efficiently placed in refuse scooters; therefore, cans or bags over 50 pounds will not be collected.
- Brush/ bushes/ limbs / tree branches must be cut in 4’ lengths and bundled. Loose tree / yard debris will not be collected from the tree lawn.
- Yard waste must be placed in brown yard waste bags on the tree lawn. The composting landfill will only accept yard waste in brown yard waste bags and will not accept these bags with plastics inside. Please do not put plastic plant containers, bags, etc. inside the brown yard waste bags. Grass clippings in garbage cans or in plastic bags will not be collected. Yard waste bags may be placed on the tree lawn after 7:00 p.m. the night before the scheduled refuse pick up day.
- Leaves should be raked to the tree lawn. Please do not put your leaf piles in the street as they can create safety issues.
- Bulky items (large items, for example, couches or appliances) may be placed on your tree lawn on your regular refuse collection day. These items can be put on your tree lawn after 7:00 p.m. the night before pick up. Please use your weekly collection day to dispose of large items.
- Contractor waste will not be collected from your tree lawn. If you hire a contractor to renovate a room or hire a contractor to take down a tree, the contractor must dispose of the waste. Please advise your contractors to make the appropriate accommodations for this refuse.
- Rocky River residents may dispose of rubbish and yard waste at the Transfer Station (22401 Lake Road) on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to noon (gates close promptly at noon). Rocky River residents using the Transfer Station must present photo-identification at each visit. Contractor waste will not be accepted at the Transfer Station. Landscaper waste will not be accepted at the Transfer Station.
Sign up for electronic “E-Updates” at our website: www.rrcity.com regarding City announcements and new information.
Would you like individualized, construction updates for your area from the City? Ready Notify is the Cuyahoga County’s mass notification system that sends you emergency alerts and county updates. The City of Rocky River uses the system to send you alerts about the City. To stay informed by home phone, work phone, cell phone, text, email and / or fax, please register at https://cuyahogacountyoh.my.gov-i.com/signup