ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
As construction work continues in the community, we greatly appreciate your patience while important infrastructure projects continue toward completion.
• Tonawanda: milling has begun on Monday, October 10th and asphalt paving will follow tomorrow (or as weather allows). The road will be open during paving – however, there will be delays while paving equipment is working on the street. The restoration of tree lawns where aprons were installed will commence after paving.
• Northview: milling will follow Tonawanda’s completed milling- and will most likely begin on Tuesday, October 11th. Paving will also follow and will be completed the week of October 10th (as weather allows).
• Avalon: road work to prepare the south side of the street (eastbound lane) from Wagar to Morewood will continue this week. If weather cooperates concrete will be poured following the road preparations – tentatively, installation of concrete on the south side of the road between Wagar and Morewood could begin the week of October 17th. The westbound only detour remains in effect.
• Wooster: Phase I work between Hilliard and Center Ridge is nearing total completion. Work between Detroit and the I-90 overpass continues. Road repairs for the section where water line work has occurred will be scheduled in November.
• Elmwood (north of Lake Road to Aberdeen) will have road repairs completed this month. Paving from Lake Road to Avalon Drive is scheduled for 2017.
• Hampton / Lakeview water line work continues and the Hampton relining and cleaning is nearing completion. Water line work is anticipated to continue through the end of October. Road repairs are scheduled to be completed before the end of the month.
Again, thank you for your patience as we continue important infrastructure improvements. We appreciate your patience regarding travel delays and your added caution as you operate vehicles through our community.
Refuse will be collected as regularly scheduled this week (October 10th).