ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Thank you for your patience traveling in Rocky River as the following construction projects are ongoing for the City of Rocky River during the 2017 construction season:
- PAVING: Asphalt paving for road surfaces has been completed on the following streets: Palmer, Buckingham, Morewood / Erie Alley, Smith Court, Stratford (west of Wagar) High Parkway Erie (west of Elmwood) and Whittlesay Lane Kensington Oval, Wooster Parkway and Orchard Grove.
- Streets to be paved in the upcoming weeks are:
- Stratford (the section east of Wagar to Morewood)
- Elmwood (from Lake to Avalon)
Monday – concrete repairs will continue on Southbend Circle and Southbend Drive. The work on Southbend Drive will be very close to Detroit Road – please use caution as you travel in that section of Southbend Drive. The City anticipates this work to be complete by the end of next week.
Construction signs on streets where there has been paving will be removed shortly after the street markings (stop bars and cross walks) are installed.
The paving at City Hall is complete (stop bars need to be painted in paving area). The paper / cardboard recycling bins will be moved back into the Civic Center lotAFTER the Business to Business event on October 12th (at the Civic Center). The event is open to the public from 2 PM to 7 PM.
- CRACK SEALING will begin on the following streets the week of October 9th. These streets will be open for 2 way traffic but large equipment / trucks and contractor personnel will be in the roadway – please expect delays.
- Northview – from Detroit to Center Ridge
- Country Club / Devon Hill
- Morewood (from the railroad tracks to Lake Road)
- Elmwood (from the railroad tracks to Lake Road)
- Lake Road (Morewood intersection to Avalon Intersection)
- Center Ridge (from Wagar intersection to Spencer intersection)
- River Oaks (the hill area by Center Ridge)
- Forestview (at the Center Ridge hill only if there is product available)
The fishing pier at Bradstreet’s Landing has been closed for evaluation. During the week of October 9th, as weather allows, the City has scheduled additional investigations of the substructure of the pier that is immediately adjacent to the shore. It is anticipated that this in-depth evaluation will determine the scope of work necessary. The pier will be closed indefinitely for safety reasons during this time. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation while we further evaluate the pier’s infrastructure and safety needs.
- LAKEVIEW (and HAMPTON) SEWER REPLACEMENT PROJECT – PLEASE EXPECT SOME PERIODIC WATER OUTAGES – sections of water line are being replaced as they are in the direct path of the sewer replacement project. Thank you for your patience as these brief outages occur. One-way detours will be put into place as follows: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southboundtraffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project.
- Elmwood (north of the railroad tracks) Kenwood (west of Elmwood) and Parklawn (south of Lake Road) – Sewer Grouting Improvements are completed!
- Purnell and Laurel: Water Line Replacement: Cleveland Division of Water will fund the City’s replacement of water lines (this project requires 2 construction seasons). A section of water line on Laurel from Lakeview to Hampton will be replaced this year starting in September, 2017. The remaining water line on Purnell and Laurel will be replaced in 2018. This construction may require one-way traffic zones to be put into place as necessary. This water line project is developed, specified and funded by the Cleveland Division of Water. The project will be managed by the City of Rocky River. Currently: water line mains have been installed and are being tested by Cleveland Water - construction will halt while testing is completed. There are a few more connections to be made before the water line construction is complete. Permanent asphalt will be installed when all water main construction is complete - only where water main work was completed.
- Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrade: Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety. Anticipated construction start: fall, 2017.
- During October (2017) repair work for the Detroit Bridge (between Lakewood and Rocky River) will require one lane of traffic for east and westbound traffic. Please expect delays as the contractor will be working on repairs to the road and on various parts of the bridge. The County’s contractor for this work is Great Lakes Construction.