ROCKY RIVER UPDATE
The City WILL collect refuse on Friday, November 10, 2017; however, City offices will be closed in observance of Veterans Day.
Pumpkins from your fall decorations may be placed on your tree lawn for disposal. Leaf collection is being made regularly through out the city.
Thank you for your patience as you travel in Rocky River as the following construction projects are ongoing or planned for the City of Rocky River during the 2017 construction season:
- PAVING: Asphalt paving for road surfaces has been completed on the following streets: Palmer, Buckingham, Morewood / Erie Alley, Smith Court, Stratford (west of Wagar) High Parkway Erie (west of Elmwood) and Whittlesay Lane Kensington Oval, Wooster Parkway and Orchard Grove Stratford and Elmwood (Lake to Avalon), City Hall Parking Lot.
- As weather allows, in early November - a section of westbound roadway on Hilliard Blvd. east of Country Club will be repaired. Hilliard Blvd. is a County route and paving is determined by the County; however, the City does make maintenance repairs to this road. This repair site was an area where water main repair has concrete that has failed and will be replaced by the City as part of our maintenance efforts.
CRACK SEALING for road maintenance has been completed.
The fishing pier at Bradstreet’s Landing has been closed. An evaluation determined that repairs to the support structure of the pier are necessary. An engineering firm is making an estimate and recommendations regarding corrective course of action in the upcoming weeks. At this time the pier will remain closed.
- WEST RIVER ESTATES: (All streets) A manhole replacement project has begun to structures / lids that are no longer functioning properly and will not open for maintenance or emergency service. These manhole structures will be replaced and will have new concrete installed around them. The project will also include replacement of the storm water catch basins with safer, updated grates. This project includes a new storm catch basin being installed on Stratford near Elmwood and a new sanitary sewer access manhole for the Civic Center / Ice Rink system at Hilliard Blvd. This project is anticipated to continue through the year as weather allows.
- LAKEVIEW / HAMPTON SEWER REPLACEMENT PROJECT (between Center Ridge and Hilliard ) AS CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES PLEASE EXPECT PERIODIC WATER OUTAGES – sections of water line are being replaced as they are in the direct path of the sewer replacement project. Thank you for your patience as these outages occur.
Leaf collection will be made on Fridays. Please move leaves as close to the tree lawn as possible- you may not be able to get leaves on the tree lawn due to the materials being stored the sewer project. City personnel will move the leaves from the sidewalk / tree lawn area to be collected as necessary. Local traffic only / one-way detours are in place as follows: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southbound traffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project.
- PURNELL AND LAUREL WATER LINE REPLACEMENT: Emergency sewer repairs and water main / connection replacement work has been completed between Lakeview and Hampton on Laurel Avenue. There will be a plate over the road repairs on Lakeview during the weekend (November 4 & 5) where recent construction has been completed. Paving is planned for Lauren next week as weather allows. Restoration of the tree lawns where water connections have been made will begin this year and will be revisited in 2018.
Cleveland Division of Water has funded the City’s replacement of these water lines (this project requires 2 construction seasons). Water line work on Laurel from Hampton to Wooster and all of Purnell will continue in the spring of 2018 when temperatures allow. This water line project is developed, specified and funded by the Cleveland Division of Water.
- Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrade: Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety. A contractor has been assigned the work and has set a construction start for the end of November, 2017.