CITY OF ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE 2017
Thank you for your patience as you travel in Rocky River as the following construction projects are ongoing or planned for the City of Rocky River during the 2017 construction season:
· Westway Sewer Improvement (from Northview to Wagar) – Ongoing through July, 2017. One-way traffic – westbound only during project.
· Lakeview / Hampton Sewer Improvement (between Center Ridge and Westway) Replacing sewers to begin in July, 2017. One-way detours will be put into place: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southbound traffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. On Hilliard sewer construction will interrupt traffic from July through August, 2017 -the sewer construction will impact traffic on Hilliard from Hampton to the I-90 / Westway intersection. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project (estimated to be 24 months).
· Elmwood (north of the railroad tracks) Kenwood (west of Elmwood) and Parklawn (south of Lake Road) – Sewer Grouting Improvements: please expect equipment in the road as contractors will be grouting and sealing joints and connections in the sanitary sewer. No detours will be necessary and two way traffic will be accommodated; however, there may be traffic delays as equipment will be situated in the streets. Ongoing from June, 2017 through August, 2017.
· Purnell and Laurel: Water Line Replacement and Refurbishing / Kensington Oval (cleaning / re-lining): Cleveland Division of Water will fund the replacement of water lines (this project requires 2 construction seasons with an anticipated start date of September, 2017). This construction will require one-way traffic zones to be in place to be determined at a later date. Kensington Oval water lines will be cleaned and lined – work is nearing completion and will be followed by paving. The water line projects are funded by the Cleveland Division of Water and will be managed by the City of Rocky River.
· Paving projects are estimated to begin in July, 2017 for the following streets:
o Wooster Parkway
o Kensington Oval
o High Parkway (from 18519 High Parkway to East Shoreland)
o Elmwood (from Lake to Avalon)
o Orchard Grove (to Westmoor)
o Erie (West from Elmwood through and including Whittlesay Lane)
o Smith Court (from Ingersoll to South Falmouth / South Kensington)
o South Bend Drive and South Bend Circle - concrete repairs
o City Hall parking lot
(This paving is for surface of the street between curbs only – curbs, sidewalks and driveway aprons will NOT be replaced. The paving process is a surface repair only and takes three to four days to complete – as weather allows.)
· Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrade: Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety. Anticipated construction start: September, 2017.