CITY OF ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Thank you for your patience as you travel in Rocky River as the following construction projects are ongoing or planned for the City of Rocky River during the 2017 construction season:
Construction will continue on Lakeview towards Hilliard Boulevard. As work progresses into the intersection of Hilliard and Lakeview, delays can be expected. This work is anticipated to move into the intersection the week of September 11th.
- Lakewood construction update for Clifton Boulevard: re-striping will begin this weekend and the City of Lakewood will create a new traffic pattern on Clifton Boulevard Extension from the Rocky River Bridge to West Clifton Boulevard. The intent of the new traffic pattern is to provide pedestrian access for an area which currently has no sidewalks, and increase mobility by means other than a car. The roadway will be reduced to one travel lane in each direction, with multipurpose paths replacing the outside lanes. Work will begin on this project the weekend of September 9th.
- An emergency sewer repair will be completed this SATURDAY, September 9thon Detroit Road between Smith Court and Lakeview Avenue. Please avoid the area if possible. Two way traffic will be maintained; however, traffic delays may occur. If the emergency sewer repair work requires – work may continue into Sunday, September 10th.
- Repair work has begun for the Detroit Bridge (between Lakewood and Rocky River) will require one lane of traffic for east and westbound traffic. Please expect delays as the contractor will be working on repairs to the road and on various parts of the bridge. The County’s contractor for this work is Great Lakes Construction.
- PAVING: Asphalt paving for road surfaces has been completed on the following streets: Palmer, Buckingham, Morewood / Erie Alley, Smith Court, Stratford (west of Wagar).
- Streets to be paved in the upcoming weeks are:
- Wooster Parkway
- Kensington Oval
- Stratford (the section east of Wagar to Morewood)
- Elmwood (from Lake to Avalon)
- Orchard Grove (to Westmoor)
- Erie (West from Elmwood through and including Whittlesay Lane)
- And concrete repairs on Southbend Circle and Southbend Drive.
Concrete repairs are scheduled for the City Hall parking lot in front of the Municipal Court this Saturday, September 9th. This work will also be ongoing the week of September 11th as weather allows. Once those concrete repairs are complete, the asphalt process will begin in the area between the Civic Center and Municipal Court. During the milling and asphalt paving of the City Hall parking lot, our paper / cardboard bins will be temporarily moved to the Fire Department parking area. All paving is weather dependent; however, we anticipate paving projects to be completed by the end of September.
- Lakeview / Hampton Sewer Improvement (between Center Ridge and Westway) The City’s sewer replacement work is moving south along Lakeview and will move into the Hilliard Blvd. Intersection at Lakeview as construction progression allows. Please expect delays on Hilliard at Lakeview as this work progresses.
(As necessary, one-way detours will be put into place as follows: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southbound traffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project.)
- Elmwood (north of the railroad tracks) Kenwood (west of Elmwood) and Parklawn (south of Lake Road) – Sewer Grouting Improvements: please expect equipment in the road as contractors will be grouting and sealing joints and connections in the sanitary sewer. No detours will be necessary and two way traffic will be accommodated; however, there may be traffic delays as equipment will be situated in the streets. This work will continue through September, 2017.
- Purnell and Laurel: Water Line Replacement: Cleveland Division of Water will fund the City’s replacement of water lines (this project requires 2 construction seasons). A section of water line on Laurel from Lakeview to Hampton will be replaced this year starting the week of September, 11th. The remaining water line on Purnell and Laurel will be replaced in 2018. This construction will require construction zones to be put into place as necessary. This water line project is funded by the Cleveland Division of Water and will be managed by the City of Rocky River.
- Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrade: Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety. Anticipated construction start: fall, 2017.