CITY OF ROCKY RIVER
HILLIARD BOULEVARD PAVING: FRIDAY AND SATURDAY:
HILLIARD BOULEVARD CONSTRUCTION IS SCHEDULED THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY – LARGE EQUIPMENT WILL BE MILLING THE CENTER LANES OF TRAVEL FOLLOWED BY LARGE PAVING MACHINES. PLEASE EXPECT DELAYS ON HILLIARD NEAR THE I-90 ENTRANCE / EXIT RAMPS.
FRIDAY 9/7 AND SATURDAY 9/8
The Hilliard Boulevard road work from Gasser Blvd. to Westmoor and near the I-90 ramps in the curb lanes will shift into the center lanes with milling and intermediate paving scheduled for this Friday and Saturday (September 7th and 8th). The work zone will be in the center lanes of traffic – curb lanes will be open for traffic. Two-way traffic will be maintained. Curb lanes will have exposed manholes and other elevated castings – please use caution while driving. The paving will be the intermediate layer of asphalt – crews will then make road repairs where necessary. Please be aware of adjustments in the lanes of traffic on Hilliard from Westmoor to Gasser Boulevard.
Once road repairs are completed in the center lanes – a final asphalt layer of pavement will be installed. Due to constricted lanes within this work zone, please expect traffic delays. This paving is scheduled to be completed in September but it is subject to delays due to weather conflicts.
Detroit Road Paving
- The ODOT road repairs on Detroit between the I-90 ramps and Northview are completed – for traffic heading to Rocky River High School.
- The work zone for Detroit now includes the section of Detroit west of the I-90 ramps and the section of Detroit east of Northview to Wooster and the section of Wooster from Detroit to the Heinen’s parking lot. Please note that two-way traffic will be maintained; however, there are no turning lanes in the work zones which may cause traffic delays.
- Work begins on grant funded sidewalk improvements at various intersections between Prospect and Wooster. The City has secured NOACA funding (from a Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative Implementation grant) to create sidewalk ‘bump-outs’ that extend into the road so that pedestrians have prominent visibility and a shorter distance across Detroit Road to cross.
- Road repair crews will be working in the curb lane in the construction zones. Please watch for road repair crews to be working on sidewalk (ADA compliance at crossing ramps), road repairs, catch basin work and manhole repairs. Work in the zone proceeds as weather allows.
- It is anticipated that lanes of travel on Detroit can be shifted next week. The zone for road work will be adjusted into the center of the road and through traffic will use the curb lanes. Please watch for lane adjustments next week. Again, there will be not turn lanes in the construction zone and please continue to expect delays.
- ALL BUSINESSES ARE ACCESSIBLE DURING THE ROAD REPAIRS AND PAVING WORK.
- Once all road / concrete repairs are complete, then a final layer of asphalt will be installed from the Westlake line to Wooster and including a section of Wooster (just south of the Heinen’s driveway). That final layer is anticipated to be installed by October 31st.
- The ODOT / Detroit Road paving project includes Wooster Road paving in late spring, 2019 as weather allows. (Wooster Road will be paved next year from Center Ridge to the Heinen’s driveway.)
Lakeview / Hampton Sewer Improvements
Please note that the one-way traffic control devices have been removed from Lakeview between Center Ridge and Hilliard. One way traffic northbound is still in effect for Hampton. Traffic is limited to local residents only.
Lakeview: Tree lawn restoration and work completed – final asphalt paving to be scheduled.
Hampton: Castings for manholes and valves will be adjusted through next week– tree lawn restoration and sprinkler repairs will continue next week. Once all road work is complete – final asphalt paving will be scheduled.
At this time, final asphalt for Lakeview and Hampton is currently planned to coincide with the final Hilliard Blvd. paving schedule – as weather permits.
2018 CITY PAVING PROGRAM
The road and concrete repairs on Forestview are complete. The concrete repairs on High Parkway are complete and additional asphalt is scheduled to be completed as weather allows.
Paving on Homeland will commence after the water line replacement is complete (see below for Homeland water line update…). Frazier (between Buckingham and Beachcliff) is scheduled for milling in mid-September.
Laurel / Purnell Water Line Replacement
Paving of the new water main is completed for both streets. Restoration of the tree lawn will continue. Thank you for watering these repairs areas – it promotes grass growth to overtake weeds. Keeping your tree lawn tree grass mowed around the areas recently seeded will also limit weeds and benefit grass seed growth.
Riverwood & Homeland – Water Main Replacement
Homeland - the new service line connections into the new main line are being installed. The new service line will be installed up to the sidewalk and will be connected to your residential water line. After construction of the new water main and services are complete, the street will be paved.
Riverwood – the temporary water lines are installed and have been chlorinated – and are awaiting final Cleveland Division of Water approval to be used. It is anticipated that temporary lines will be in service the week of September 10th barring any delays due to procedures or weather.
Please continue to drive carefully and thank you for not parking in the roadway during construction. There will be mats that protect the temporary water lines and valves and other devices that are included in the temporary water line system.
First Energy is trimming trees in the City. The First Energy contractors for tree trimming is Asplundh and Townsend. During tree trimming large vehicles may be blocking the streets in neighborhoods – please use caution while traveling around these vehicles. If you have any questions or concerns about tree trimming – please contact City Hall at 440-331-0600 and we will have personnel from Asplundh or Townsend contact you.
You may request specific updates sent to you by email or phone message by calling Rocky River City Hall at 440-331-0600. The specific updates regarding the project that you reference will have more detailed information than this update. This construction update will give you general information.