Veterans’ Mobile Outreach
Don Umerley Civic Center
21016 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, OH
September 27, 2017
At this event, veterans can:
· Learn about and sign up for local, state, and federal benefits. If a veteran needs their DD-214, medals, service treatment records, personnel file, or a copy of their VBA file, requests can be filed at this event.
· Talk with the Cleveland Veterans Affairs Regional Office (VARO) about their claim, pull up the status of a claim and/or complete an intent to file. Learn what to do when the VA says no. Staff will also be able to assist in filing a compensation or pension claim.
· Meet with the National Cemetery Administration to discuss preneed eligibility and answer national cemetery questions.
· Discuss eligibility for healthcare benefits and answer health care questions with staff from the Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
· Learn about county and state benefits as well as earned benefits with staff from Cuyahoga County Veterans’ Service Commission staff.·
· Find out how to preserve your service with the Library of Congress: Veterans History Project. Through journal pages, photographs, documents or an in person interview, your experience can be preserved in the Library of Congress.
This event is open to everyone interested in veterans’ benefits. Spouses, caregivers and supporters are welcome. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the office of Congressman Jim Renacci. POC: Bryan Bowman 330-334-0040 or Bryan.Bowman@mail.house.gov