ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
City leaf collection has begun. Leaf collection in construction areas (Lakeview and Laurel) will be made on Fridays while there is no construction work.
The cardboard - paper recycling bins will be moved back to the corner of the Civic Center parking lot (to the north west) on Monday, October 16th.
Tomorrow - Saturday, October 14th - recently paved streets will have sealing at the edges of the new pavement completed.
CRACK SEALING will continue on the following streets the week of October 16th as weather allows. These streets will be open for 2 way traffic but large equipment / trucks and contractor personnel will be in the roadway – please expect delays.
- Morewood (from the railroad tracks to Lake Road)
- Elmwood (from the railroad tracks to Lake Road)
- Lake Road (Morewood intersection to Avalon Intersection)
- Center Ridge (from Wagar intersection to Spencer intersection)
- River Oaks (the hill area by Center Ridge)
- Forestview (at the Center Ridge hill only if there is product available)
- PAVING: Asphalt paving for road surfaces has been completed on the following streets: Palmer, Buckingham, Morewood / Erie Alley, Smith Court, Stratford (west of Wagar) High Parkway Erie (west of Elmwood) and Whittlesay Lane Kensington Oval, Wooster Parkway and Orchard Grove Stratford and Elmwood (Lake to Avalon).
- On recently paved streets: stop bars and cross walks will be painted next week as weather allows. Once street painting is completed – construction signs will be removed.
The paving at City Hall is complete (2 stop bars need to be painted in paving area). The paper / cardboard recycling bins will be moved back into the Civic Center lot on Monday, October 16th. The parking lot has been expanded in this area of the parking lot to better accommodate drop off. Thank you for your paper and cardboard contributions – we anticipate exceeding last year’s grand totals by the end of this month! Your efforts save landfill costs, generate a monetary rebate for the City and these efforts are environmentally sustainable!
The fishing pier at Bradstreet’s Landing has been closed. An evaluation has commenced to evaluate the pier structure and we are expecting details and recommendations regarding corrective course of action in the upcoming weeks. At this time the pier will remain closed.
LAKEVIEW / HAMPTON SEWER REPLACEMENT PROJECT
- AS CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES ON LAKEVIEW – PLEASE EXPECT SOME PERIODIC WATER OUTAGES – sections of water line are being replaced as they are in the direct path of the sewer replacement project. Thank you for your patience as these outages occur.
- Refuse collection will be made on your scheduled day.
- Leaf collection will be made on Fridays when the contractor is not working. If construction materials are being stored on your tree lawn - please place leaf piles as close to the tree lawn as possible for City crews to collect. Thank you!
One-way detours will be put into place as follows: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southbound traffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project.
PURNELL / LAUREL WATER LINE REPLACEMENT
- Purnell and Laurel: Water Line Replacement: Cleveland Division of Water will fund the City’s replacement of water lines (this project requires 2 construction seasons). Between Lakeview and Hampton, the main line has been installed and no work can commence until flushing and subsequent testing by Cleveland Water has been completed. As soon as testing is complete, work will resume on connections from the main to the residential service.
- Leaf collection will be made in construction zone - please avoid placing leaves by the temporary water service - if possible. Thank you for your assistance in this regard.
- The remaining water line main and service connections on Purnell and Laurel will be replaced in 2018. This construction may require one-way traffic zones to be put into place as necessary. This water line project is developed, specified and funded by the Cleveland Division of Water. The project will be managed by the City of Rocky River.
- Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrade: Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety. Anticipated construction start: end of October, 2017.