REFUSE COLLECTION WILL NOT BE MADE ON THANKSGIVING. Refuse collection will be delayed one day after Thursday, November 23rd (Thanksgiving).
ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Thank you for your patience as you travel in Rocky River as the following construction projects are ongoing or planned for the City of Rocky River during the 2017 construction season:
- A repair of the section of westbound roadway on HILLIARD BOULEVARD east of Country Club Blvd. is scheduled for Monday, November 20th as weather allows. Hilliard Blvd. is a County route and paving is determined by the County; however, the City does make maintenance repairs to this road. This repair site was an area where water main repair has concrete that has failed and will be replaced by the City as part of our maintenance efforts.
- The fishing pier at Bradstreet’s Landing has been closed. An evaluation determined that repairs to the support structure of the pier are necessary. Engineers have made a technical review of the pier - particularly sections of the structure that have sustained varying levels of structural failure. That report is under review and the in the upcoming weeks, the City will be receiving additional information regarding estimates for future action. At this time the pier will remain closed.
- Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrades: (County Supplemental) Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety is underway at this intersection - work will commence the week of November 20th. Improvements will include improved pedestrian signals and pavement markings. Please note: the intersection has been evaluated by traffic engineers that have recommended moving the crosswalk to the north side of the Shoreland / Wooster intersection. The engineer cites pedestrian enhancement as one of the reasons for the new crosswalk location. During construction, the City will keep the existing crosswalk configuration in operation. The new crosswalk will not be operational until all pedestrian devices are installed and operational. That fully operational period is dependent upon material availability and weather – which may be after the weather breaks in the spring.
- WEST RIVER ESTATES: (All streets) A manhole replacement project has begun for structures / lids that are no longer functioning properly and will not open for maintenance or emergency service. These manhole structures will be replaced and will have new concrete installed around them. The project will also include replacement of the storm water catch basins with safer, updated grates. This project also includes a new storm catch basin being installed on Stratford near Elmwood and a new sanitary sewer access manhole for the Civic Center / Ice Rink system at Hilliard Blvd. This project is anticipated to continue through the year as weather allows.
Please note: the contractor has planned for all driveways to be free from any obstructions for the Thanksgiving holiday (Thursday, November 23, 2017).
- LAKEVIEW / HAMPTON SEWER REPLACEMENT PROJECT (between Center Ridge and Hilliard ) AS CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES PLEASE EXPECT PERIODIC WATER OUTAGES – sections of water line are being replaced as they are in the direct path of the sewer replacement project. Thank you for your patience as these outages occur.
Leaf collection will be made on Fridays in this (Lakeview / Hampton) construction zone. Please move leaves as close to the tree lawn as possible- you may not be able to get leaves on the tree lawn due to the materials being stored the sewer project. City personnel will move the leaves from the sidewalk / tree lawn area to be collected as necessary.
Local traffic only / one-way detours are in place as follows: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southbound traffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project.
- PURNELL AND LAUREL WATER LINE REPLACEMENT: Landscape restoration for areas in work areas where necessary will be revisited in 2018. Additional paving repairs will be made on Laurel between Lakeview and Hampton in the spring. Water line work requires warm weather temperatures; therefore, all work scheduled for 2018 will commence as weather allows. This water line project is developed, specified and funded by the Cleveland Division of Water. Water main replacement will continue as weather permits in the spring for Laurel (from Hampton to Wooster) and for Purnell (Lakeview to Wooster).
This is a message from the Cuyahoga County ReadyNotify system