CITY OF ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE AUGUST, 2017
Thank you for your patience as you travel in Rocky River as the following construction projects are ongoing or planned for the City of Rocky River during the 2017 construction season:
· PAVING: The paving contractor will begin the process of paving next week. Asphalt paving for road surface only will begin during the month of August on the following streets:
o Wooster Parkway
o Kensington Oval
o High Parkway (from 18519 High Parkway to East Shoreland)
o Elmwood (from Lake to Avalon)
o Orchard Grove (to Westmoor)
o Erie (West from Elmwood through and including Whittlesay Lane)
o Smith Court (from Ingersoll to South Falmouth / South Kensington)
o City Hall parking lot
o And concrete repairs on Southbend Circle and Southbend Drive.
Next week, concrete repairs will begin in the City Hall parking lot in front of the Municipal Court. Once those concrete repairs are complete, the asphalt process will begin in the area between the Civic Center and Municipal Court. During the milling and asphalt paving of the City Hall parking lot, our paper / cardboard bins will be temporarily moved to the Fire Department parking area. All paving is weather dependent; however, we anticipate paving projects to be completed by the end of September.
· Lakeview / Hampton Sewer Improvement (between Center Ridge and Westway) Replacing sewers has begun. The construction near Hilliard and I-90 is nearing completion. Once the Hilliard Blvd. area sewer construction is complete – crews will move to Lakeview at Westway and construction will move south to Hilliard. As necessary, one-way detours will be put into place as follows: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southbound traffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project.
· Elmwood (north of the railroad tracks) Kenwood (west of Elmwood) and Parklawn (south of Lake Road) – Sewer Grouting Improvements: please expect equipment in the road as contractors will be grouting and sealing joints and connections in the sanitary sewer. No detours will be necessary and two way traffic will be accommodated; however, there may be traffic delays as equipment will be situated in the streets. This work will continue through September, 2017.
· Purnell and Laurel: Water Line Replacement: Cleveland Division of Water will fund the replacement of water lines (this project requires 2 construction seasons). A section of water line on Laurel from Lakeview to Hampton will be replaced this year starting in September, 2017. The remaining water line on Purnell and Laurel will be replaced in 2018. This construction will require one-way traffic zones to be put into place in zones as necessary. This water line project is funded by the Cleveland Division of Water and will be managed by the City of Rocky River.
· Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrade: Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety. Anticipated construction start: Fall, 2017.