ROCKY RIVER CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Last week paving began on Rocky River City Hall’s parking lot with more paving scheduled for next week.. Please use caution while traveling in the parking lot as milling will continue Monday, October 2nd with paving following on Wednesday. (This will be in the parking area in front of Memorial Hall - directly across from the Court). The paving schedule depends on weather cooperating.
* OUR COMMUNITY SHREDDING EVENT IS THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH in front of the Municipal Court. Please use caution as there are milled areas of the parking lot that may impede traffic. Thank you for staying in your car, presenting identificationand being patient as we direct traffic safely through the process.
The fishing pier at Bradstreet’s Landing has been closed for evaluation. During the week of October 9th, as weather allows, the City has scheduled additional investigations of the substructure of the pier that is immediately adjacent to the shore. It is anticipated that this in-depth evaluation will determine the scope of work necessary. The pier will be closed indefinitely for safety reasons during this time. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation while we further evaluate the pier’s infrastructure and safety needs.
Thank you for your patience as you travel in Rocky River as the following construction projects are ongoing or planned for the City of Rocky River during the 2017 construction season:
- PAVING: Asphalt paving for road surfaces has been completed on the following streets: Palmer, Buckingham, Morewood / Erie Alley, Smith Court, Stratford (west of Wagar) High Parkway Erie (west of Elmwood) and Whittlesay Lane.
- Streets to be paved in the upcoming weeks are:
- Wooster Parkway
- Kensington Oval
- Stratford (the section east of Wagar to Morewood)
- Elmwood (from Lake to Avalon)
- Orchard Grove (to Westmoor)
Monday – concrete repairs will continue on Southbend Circle and Southbend Drive. The work on Southbend Drive will be very close to Detroit Road – please use caution as you travel in that section of Southbend Drive.
Paving will continue through the first half of October. Construction signs on streets where there has been paving will be removed shortly after the street markings (stop bars and cross walks) are installed.
Construction continues on Lakeview and Hampton. The City’s sewer replacement work is moving south along Lakeview and has moved through Hilliard Blvd. intersection.
- AS CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES ON LAKEVIEW – PLEASE EXPECT SOME PERIODIC WATER OUTAGES – sections of water line are being replaced as they are in the direct path of the sewer replacement project. Thank you for your patience as these brief outages occur.
One-way detours will be put into place as follows: Hampton- northbound traffic only; Lakeview southbound traffic from Hilliard to Center Ridge and on Lakeview from Westway to Hilliard -northbound traffic only. Lakeview / Hampton construction zone residents: please watch for flyers / notifications at your front door from the contractor regarding access to driveways, etc. throughout the construction project.
- Elmwood (north of the railroad tracks) Kenwood (west of Elmwood) and Parklawn (south of Lake Road) – Sewer Grouting Improvements: please expect equipment in the road as contractors will be grouting and sealing joints and connections in the sanitary sewer. No detours will be necessary and two way traffic will be accommodated; however, there may be traffic delays as equipment will be situated in the streets. This work will continue through October, 2017.
- Purnell and Laurel: Water Line Replacement: Cleveland Division of Water will fund the City’s replacement of water lines (this project requires 2 construction seasons). A section of water line on Laurel from Lakeview to Hampton will be replaced this year starting in September, 2017. The remaining water line on Purnell and Laurel will be replaced in 2018. This construction may require one-way traffic zones to be put into place as necessary. This water line project is developed, specified and funded by the Cleveland Division of Water. The project will be managed by the City of Rocky River.
- Shoreland / East Shoreland and Wooster Crosswalk / Pedestrian Signal Upgrade: Grant funded improvements for better pedestrian safety. Anticipated construction start: fall, 2017.
- During October (2017) repair work for the Detroit Bridge (between Lakewood and Rocky River) will require one lane of traffic for east and westbound traffic. Please expect delays as the contractor will be working on repairs to the road and on various parts of the bridge. The County’s contractor for this work is Great Lakes Construction.