The mission of the Rocky River Senior Center is to positively impact our community by creating opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical well-being, civic involvement and lifelong learning.
There is no membership fee; however, a monthly newsletter, The Quill, is available for $15 for 12 issues. For a complimentary copy, call 440-333-6660.
A licensed social worker is available to senior residents who are in need of services and/or information. A transportation service operates weekdays between 8 AM – 4 PM for medical appointments, local shopping and personal errands for seniors who are unable to drive (sometimes temporarily). A wheelchair lift van is also available.
The Center offers a variety of services and activities including one day and overnight tours, deli luncheons, monthly luncheons and programs, and special events featuring prominent speakers, entertainers and musicians. A wide range of classes offered include a variety of art classes, ceramics, language classes, exercise classes, informational classes, dance classes, travelogues and golf leagues. Health screenings and a Monday health clinic are available to complete the resources for seniors.
About the Facility
Rocky River Senior Center is located on 1-1/2 acres of land behind Rocky River City Hall at 21014 Hilliard Blvd., Rocky River, Ohio. The stucco and frame building, containing over 20,000 square feet, was completed in 1988. The Center is a hub of activities and services for persons age 60 and over. Hours of operation are 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday. Special events are scheduled evenings and weekends.
- Atrium/lounge area to enjoy a book, magazine, or the friendship of others
- Dining area for deli lunch, 12 – 1 PM, Monday – Friday. No reservations are needed for daily deli lunches. Special "Chillin' & Grillin'" with Larry
- Classroom for continuing education classes
- Gift Shop showcasing greeting cards, decorative accessories, clothing, novelties, hostess gifts, and seasonal items
- Ceramics Room complete with two kilns
- A 298 seat auditorium with projection booth, large video screen, and grand piano
- Arts and Crafts Room for painting, sewing, quilting, music listening and classes
- Health Clinic provides health services/screenings through local hospitals
- Computer Lab with 6 computers and printer. The Computer Room is open daily. Call for hours or to learn about computer courses that are offered.
- Patio, adjoining the center, overlooks a lovely wooded lot.
Contact the Senior Center
- Front Desk – 440-333-6660
- Deborah L.Huff, Senior Center Director – 440-895-2586
- Cindi Williams, Administrative Assistant- 440-333-6662
- Laurie Schaefer, Program Coordinator – 440-331-1114
- Michelle Soneson, Transportation – 440-333-6665
- Laurie Rokakis, Social Services – 440-333-6664 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Goebelt, Facility Manager - extension 2348
If you have questions or require further information, please call Rocky River Senior Center at 440-333-6660.