contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 


21012 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, Ohio 44116

(440) 331-0600

Official website of the City of Rocky River, Ohio, providing community profile, information on local government, safety forces and education.

Frequently Asked Questions

General FAQs

Q. Where is Rocky River City Hall Complex?
A. Rocky River City Hall Complex is located on the corner of Hilliard Blvd. and Wagar Rd.  The addresses are as follows:

  • City Hall - 21012 Hilliard Blvd.

  • Police Department - Police administrative office is temporarily located at 20325 Center Ridge Road (on the east side of Linden Road)

  • Fire Department - 21012 Hilliard Blvd.

  • Senior Center - 21014 Hilliard Blvd.

  • Don Umerley Civic Center/Memorial Hall - 21016 Hilliard Blvd.

  • Recreation Department - 21018 Hilliard Blvd.

  • Rocky River Municipal Court - 21012 Hilliard Blvd.

Q. Can I have driving directions to Rocky River City Hall Complex?
A. From Interstate 90 eastbound:

  • Exit at Detroit Rd. Rocky River Exit - stay in the right lane

  • Turn left at the traffic signal onto Detroit Rd.

  • Take Detroit Rd. to Westway Dr. (approximately 500 ft.)

  • Turn right onto Westway and continue east until you reach

  • Wagar Rd. - turn right onto Wagar. City Hall is on the right at the intersection of Hilliard Blvd. and Wagar Rd.

From Interstate 90 westbound:

  • Exit at Rocky River Hilliard Blvd. Exit - stay in the center lane and continue west on Hilliard until you reach the intersection of Hilliard Blvd. and Wagar Rd.

  • Just past the intersection you will turn right at the first driveway on the right

From Interstate 480 westbound:

  • Exit at Clague Rd. - turn right onto Clague Rd. and travel north until you reach Hilliard Blvd.

  • Turn right onto Hilliard, travel east approximately 1 1/2 miles

  • Turn left into the City Hall parking lot just before you reach the intersection of Wagar and Hilliard.

From Interstate 480 eastbound:

  • Exit at Great Northern Blvd. And travel north until you reach Lorain Rd.,

  • Turn right onto Lorain and travel east until you reach Clague Rd. - turn left onto Clague Rd

  • Travel north until you reach Hilliard Blvd.

  • Turn right onto Hilliard, travel east approximately 1 1/2 miles

  • Turn left into the City Hall parking lot just before you reach the intersection of Wagar and Hilliard.

Q. What is the phone number for Rocky River City Hall?

A. The main number for Rocky River City Hall is (440) 331-0600.  
Q. How do I reach the Rocky River Municipal Court?
A. The phone number for the courthouse is (440) 333-0066.  Their website is
Q. Who is my council person?

A. City Council members, contact information, meeting schedules and meeting minutes can be found here.

Q. Can I get married at City Hall?

A.  Marriages are performed by the judges in our municipal courts.  Please contact them at (440) 333-0066.

Q. Is there an organization that I can contact to donate food?
A. For food donations, please contact the Rocky River Assistance Program at (216) 556-5887.

Q. Can I speak to someone in the Water Department?
A. Rocky River does not have their own Water Department.  Our water and its related issues are all handled by the City of Cleveland Department of Water.  They can be reached by calling (216) 664-3060.  Rocky River does maintain its own sewer lines and the billing thereof.  

Q. How can I obtain more information on NOPEC?
A. The Mayor's Office can provide more detailed information if required at (440) 331-0600 between 8:30 am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.  If residents want to contact NOPEC directly, they can do so by calling 855-667-3201.

Q. Is the City of Rocky River hiring?
A. Openings for positions will be posted on this website.  Please visit the Human Resources / Employment page.

Q. How do I report a power outage?
A. The Illuminating Company stresses the importance of calling the company's "hot lines" in the event of a power outage.

The numbers are: 1 800 589-3101 or 1-888 LIGHTSS(544-4877)

Although this is an automatic recording system, the location of the caller will be captured by computer, and this will help CEI pinpoint the problem. Keep this information near your home phone, you are encouraged to use it.

Q. Where do I make aircraft noise complaints?
A. Cleveland Hopkins Airport Noise Monitoring Hotline 216 898-5220
When calling, please provide the date, time, and location of the unusual aircraft occurrence as well as your contact information. A knowledgeable Noise Compatibility Officer is on staff to register, evaluate, and return your call.